Friday, February 26, 2010

Why I Love San Francisco

Before I make my last post  I just wanted to say something about our host city this year. On my first morning in town I went for an early walk - with the time change I was up at 3:30! Unfortunately, it was drizzly, so even as I stood on top of Telegraph Hill, there wasn't much to see. Nevertheless, it was great to just soak in the atmosphere of the city. Beyond the scenery, the amazing restaurants, and generally nice weather, I particularly enjoy the city's diversity. On my walk I went through Chinatown, North Beach, Nob Hill, and many other neighborhoods whose names I don't know. My favorite sign of San Francisco is from a church on Hyde St., the First Chinese Southern Baptist Church. This little church is a symbol for me of what makes San Francisco so special. Before I leave, I'm looking forward to a couple more nice meals, a little sightseeing, and maybe even a little shopping. If you ever have the chance to visit San Francisco, don't miss it, and stay as long as you can.

No comments: