Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Preparing for San Francisco

Getting ready to leave school for a few days always presents challenges. Like every head of school I've known, I sometimes delude myself into thinking that the place can't run without me. Of course, I like to think that I'm different, but my experience has taught me that things are fine when the head is away. In fact, sometimes the school actually runs better without my meddling. So, with that in mind, I prepare to head to San Francisco for Annual Conference. While I'm certainly looking forward to learning more about what Pat Bassett is calling the new normal, it's catching up with old friends and making new ones that I look forward to most. Those many side conversations, before, in between, and after the sessions, are where the real work of the conference is done. And I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being excited to visit San Francisco. One of my favorite cities, it is a great place to walk, dine, people watch, and generally soak in the atmosphere. Let's hope it stops raining and we get a little sun too.

Over the next week, I'll be packing, tying up as many loose ends at school as possible, and hoping that Buffalo doesn't get any DC-like weather that could make travel difficult. Can't wait to get started with the blog in earnest. Thanks for following.

No comments: